This cream of asparagus soup is dairy-free and gluten-free. It is delicious and simple to make. A creamy soup that is vegan is not so common and that makes this soup extra special.
If you enjoy soup and asparagus then this is a very good recipe to make. I love it. The soup is filled with nutritious superfoods too so you will get lots of health benefits.
Cream of Asparagus Soup Recipe
1 bunch asparagus (2 cups, chopped)
1 large onion, sliced in large slices
1 – 2 stalks of celery
1-2 cloves garlic (optional)
1 cup water
2 cups almond milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 mashed ripe avocado
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Chop the asparagus reserving the tips for later.
2. Put the asparagus, onion, garlic, celery and water in a large saucepan.
3. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and cook another 15 min or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Put the contents of the saucepan into a blender.
5. Add almond milk, avocado and lemon juice to the blender.
6. Process until the soup is nice and smooth.
7. Return the soup to the saucepan and add the asparagus tips to the pot.
8. Cook over medium heat until the soup thickens and is heated through.
9. Season to taste with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Serve.
Now sit down and enjoy your delicious cream of asparagus soup.
Read all about the 9 Health Benefits of Asparagus
We use asparagus in our Spring Cleanse BootCamp!
Tasty Asparagus Recipes
Luxurious Asparagus Tomato Salad – This luxurious asparagus tomato salad was enjoyed so much the first time I created the recipe so I never stopped serving it.
More Delicious Soup Recipes for You
Creamy Swiss Chard Soup with Almonds is Delicious – This delicious Swiss chard soup is hearty with the addition of potatoes and is very nutritious too. I love that it is so creamy without the addition of cow’s milk and the crunchy almonds on top. It is a whole vegan meal in a bowl too.
Fresh Quick Pea Soup Recipe – This is a fast soup an delicious soup to make.
Enjoy a Cool Tomato Soup On a Hot Summer Day – This is a one bowl serving so if you are making it for two, double the recipe.