This green pea soup really is yummy and it is a super easy soup to make. Hearing me say that frozen peas taste good is amazing; as I don’t even like to eat frozen peas. But this creamy green pea soup is really delicious and within a week I had it twice! What I think is the difference is that this is the first time I had organic frozen peas and I am sure they taste better. The other thing about this soup is that it is surprisingly hardy and very filling.
The other very good thing about this green pea soup is that it is filled with healthy superfoods. The main ingredient is peas. Many people think green peas are just a poor man’s meat or a cheap restaurant side-dish that puts ‘green’ on your plate. However, peas are really little powerhouses of nutrition that are a boon for your health and the whole planet. Learn all about the 10 Health Benefits of Peas.
The other ingredients in this soup are also very good for us and tasty too.
Find out more about the ingredients I used to make this green pea soup:
Coconut oil is a favourite oil for me to cook with. Coconut oil once thought as a heart disease causing saturated fat is now been proclaimed ‘the healthiest oil on earth. Discover how this transformation came about and the top 12 benefits of this newly declared Amazing SuperFood.
And onions we add them to our meals even though we get teary from them. Onions are high in protective phytonutrients, vitamins, and unique anti-inflammatory nutrients. Also, they are low in saturated fat, sodium, and cholesterol. Being so high in nutrients makes them ideal for weight loss and maintaining optimum health.
Garlic has a strong odor for a reason, it is because of a sulfur compound. Sulfur compounds are well known for their strong odors. The fact is that sulfur compounds in intestinal gas are responsible for the smell of flatulence. Those sulfur compounds are pretty potent stuff, considering that they make up just one percent of the total intestinal gas released!
Pumpkin seeds are so good that I add them to many of my meals. The bonus nutrient value is that they are the only seed that is alkaline-forming. They add a little crunch to the green pea soup
Basil is one of my favorite herbs to use in my kitchen and adds a delicious flavour to this soup. Basil is full of health benefits making and it has an amazing history. Learn more about The Oldest Herb Is Full of Health Benefits.
Green Pea Soup
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion Medium Sized
- 2 Garlic Cloves Chopped, or more to taste
- 3 cups Frozen Organic Peas
- 1 Tbsp Dried Dill or Basil
- 2 cups Vegetable Broth I usually use the water I steam my vegetables in from another meal
- 1 tsp Spike Seasoning
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper or to taste depending on how spicy you like your food
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- Roast the pumpkin or sunflower seeds until they are golden brown.
- Chop the onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Melt the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion until it is golden and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Then, stir the garlic into the onions and sauté for a minute.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring everything to a boil.
- Stir in the peas, dill or basil, pepper, and Spike Seasoning.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn it off.
- Using a hand blender you can puree the mixture right in the pot. Make sure you have the bottom of the blender right at the bottom of the mixture. If you bring it up at all it will go all over the place and create a mess. If you don't have a hand blender you can also puree the mixture in a blender as well. Pour the soup into a blender and cover it and hold the lid down; pulse a few times before leaving it on to blend.
- Pour the soup into bowls and sprinkle each one with the roasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
- Serve and enjoy this yummy green pea soup. Now wasn’t that easy peasy!
Now that you have made green pea soup, try these other recipes.
Other Delicious Pea Recipes:
Easy Creamy Peas: Many people think green peas are just a poor man’s meat or a cheap restaurant side-dish that puts ‘green’ on your plate. However, peas are really little powerhouses of nutrition that are a boon for your health and the whole planet.
Chinese Vegetables: Here is my version of delicious Chinese vegetables which are vegan and gluten-free. This is a great dish to serve on the Chinese New Year or any day! I especially like the Chinese broccoli which is called gai lan which I get from a Chinese supermarket. Although I have been finding it in some other supermarkets.
Peas As A Side Dish: These peas as a side dish is a tasty addition with a touch of the Indian spice to add to any meal. It is simple to make too.
Steamed Vegetables: Did you know that broccoli was developed in Italy and is well known and one of the major anti-cancer foods. These healthy vegetables are easy to make.
Easy Creamy Peas – This creamy peas recipe is super easy to make and delicious. It is great as an addition to any meal. It is full of protein with the addition of the tahini sauce which is vegan too.
Fresh Quick Pea Soup Recipe: How about a quick peas soup for lunch? Yes, this is a very quick, delicious soup that is nutritious too. All of the ingredients in this soup are healthy. Another quick recipe for a bowl of light pea soup. Get all of the health benefits of this tasty tasty superfood.
More Soup Recipes for You
Creamy Broccoli Soup is Easy to Make and Yummy – This is an easy creamy broccoli soup recipe that is tasty. It is filled with nutritious superfoods which broccoli is for sure. You will love the creaminess from the coconut milk which keeps it vegan. This soup only has healthy ingredients and no unhealthy heavy cream added to it.
Borscht with a Difference – Borscht is the best way to get healthy superfood beets filled with beta-carotene and minerals into our diet. It is quick to cook, easy to vary, and enjoyed by everyone, even children. This is a traditional soup in Ukraine; many people from that country landed in my home city of Edmonton. This is my vegan version with just a few adjustments to the ingredient list.
Creamy Swiss Chard Soup with Almonds is Delicious – This delicious Swiss chard soup is hearty with the addition of potatoes and is very nutritious too. I love that it is so creamy without the addition of cow’s milk and the crunchy almonds on top. It is a whole vegan meal in a bowl too.
Love to hear how you made your own green pea soup.