A tasty addition with a touch of Indian spice to add to any meal and simple too.
Peas as a Side Dish
2 tablespoons almond oil or ghee
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups fresh or frozen green peas
6 mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp turmeric
Salt to taste
3 Tbsp water
- Heat oil or ghee in a skillet over medium heat. For sautéing use Refined Almond Oil for its high smoke point.
- Saute mushrooms and onions till golden.
- Add garlic and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Mix in water, spices and salt.
- Add peas.
- Cover and cook until the peas are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with your main course.
To learn all about the health benefits of peas go to: 10 Health Benefits of Peas
Delicious Pea Recipes:
Easy Creamy Peas: Yum!
Chinese Vegetables: Diana’s version of an already healthy dish with sugar snap peas.
Fresh Quick Pea Soup: The name says it all. It’s only miss the word delicious.
Steamed Vegetables: Has snap peas in it.