These delicious gluten-free hermit cookies are not overly sweet which is why we like them. The best thing is that they are full of very healthy ingredients and are vegan too as I use an egg-substitute. They do have a bit of a drier texture than the ones with wheat in them but don’t be concerned and are still yummy.
Gluten-Free Hermit Cookies Recipe
3/4 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
4 tbsp sucanat or coconut sugar (which will give a slight coconut flavour)
1 tbsp molasses
1/4 tsp stevia
4 tbsp chickpea flour or soy flour*
1 cup water
1 cup white rice flour
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup potato flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Himalayan Salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
3/4 cup walnuts
3/4 cup sultanas or raisins
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Combine oil, sucanat, stevia and molasses until creamy.
3. Stir in soy flour and water
4. Then mix in other flours, baking powder, salt and spices.
5. Mix in fruit and nuts.
6. Roll into 1-inch balls and flatten with a fork on a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
* This is for an egg-free vegan recipe, learn more about Eggs Substitutes.
Enjoy your gluten-free cookies once they have cooled down. YUM!
Cinnamon is one of the oldest known spices. The darker the cinnamon the better it is.
More cookie recipes for you:
Fancy Sunflower Seed Cookies – Gluten-Free – These cookies are easy to make.
Pecan Shortbread Cookies – the best shortbread cookies that vegan which means no butter.
Note: If you are considering going gluten-free
- Read: Can a Gluten-Free Diet Help You Lose Weight?
- Listen to a Healthy & Gluten-Free Baking Radio Interview with Diana
- Learn how to make sinfully delicious gluten-free treats and desserts that are still healthy for you. Health GF Baking Training
- Read 11 Gluten-Free Grains to learn some of the alternatives and their many benefits.
- Check out: Diana’s Gluten-Free Recipes Make sure you are subscribed to the newsletters for the latest recipes.
- Consider doing one of my Healthy Online Courses. All of the recipes for the courses are gluten-free.