These sunflower seed cookies really are fancy, delicious and healthy too! They are gluten-free and vegan which means there are no eggs used. Often cookies are made with lots of butter, white flour and white sugar which are not healthy ingredients. I have developed them with healthy ingredients and no starch. Makes 28 – 30 cookies
Sunflower Seed Cookies Recipe
2/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted*
1/2 cup coconut sugar, ground finely
1/4 tsp stevia, light liquid
2 tbsp golden flax meal (ground flax seeds) **
1/4 cup warm clean water
2/3 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup almonds
1/2 cup raisins, unsulfured, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 325º F
- Add warm water to flax meal in a small bowl and mix; let sit 5 minutes.
- Combine coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, stevia and salt until creamy.
- Add flax meal mixture to coconut oil mixture and mix well.
- Then mix in brown rice flour and baking powder.
- Mix in oatmeal, fruit, seeds and nuts.
- Make little one inch mounds, place on a coconut greased baking sheet and flatten each one.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool before removing from the pan.
*Melt coconut oil on very low heat.
** This is for an egg-free vegan recipe, learn more about Eggs Substitutes.
More recipes with sunflower seeds for you:
Healthy Carrot Salad with Black Currants and Sunflower Seeds – a very tasty carrot salad made extra good with the currants and sunflower seeds.
Simple Nutritious Spinach Salad with Sunflower Seeds – What a delicious way to get those greens into our meals with this salad.
Toasted Sunflower Seeds – A favourite of mine is to have toasted sunflower seeds in my pantry to add to meals or snacks.