When I make toasted sunflower seeds, I make lots and keep them around for sprinkling on salads, steamed vegetables or on a grain like brown rice or quinoa. This is very simple as long as you stir them consistently.
2 cups sunflower seeds
Braggs or tamari
Large frying pan
Big wooden spoon
- Dry roast the seeds in frying pan until golden brown.
- Stir continuously to avoid burning them.
- When the seeds start to brown turn the heat down to low, stirring them constantly until the majority of the seeds are a light to medium golden brown or to your preference.
- Remove pan from heat and take the seeds out right away to stop them from browning.
- Put them in a bowl.
- Spray with Braggs or sprinkle with tamari.
More recipes for you:
Healthy Carrot Salad with Black Currants and Sunflower Seeds
Millet & Buckwheat with Sunflower Seeds