This buckwheat recipe is simple and nutritious! It is gluten-free and is not a grain, it is a seed. Also, it is warming and so great for the winter.
Buckwheat with Sunflower Seeds
- Dry sauté sunflowers seeds in a sauce pan.
- Add buckwheat after a few minutes.
- Sauté until golden brown.
- Add salt and water.
- Bring to a boil and cover with a tight lid.
- Simmer until all the water is absorbed – approximately 40 minutes.
- Serve with vegetables. This tastes delicious with the simple addition of sauteed mushrooms.
There is a little Russian store in my neighbourhood that has the best products (they prefer organic) and prices where I buy this brand of buckwheat groats: Russkoe Pole Buckwheat Groats, 31.7 oz
Also try these great warming recipes: