Lentil stew has all the benefits of the mighty superfood lentils which are full of protein plus many more nutritious vegetables. And it tastes great.
Lentil Stew Recipe
1 large onion, chopped
3-6 garlic cloves, chopped
2 pieces celery, chopped
2 tsp almond oil or vegetable oil
1 cup green whole lentils: soak overnight and cook according to directions here: Cooking Beans & Lentils
1 piece Kombu*
2 carrots, diced
3-5 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp each of thyme and basil
3 tsp marjoram
- Soak lentils overnight and follow instructions: Cooking Beans & Lentils (if you would like to have gas free lentils)
- Sauté onion, garlic and celery in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Remove Kombu and chop; return to soup.
- Serve in bowls garnished sprigs of fresh parsley.
* Kombu is seaweed makes beans more digestible but you could easily leave it out.
More Delicious Stews & Soups:
Warming Vegetable Stew with Peanut Butter – This is a tasty vegetable stew with peanut butter is filled with superfood vegetables. The sweet potatoes add that sweetness to the stew making it extra tasty.
Powerful Anti-Inflammatory Vegetable Stew – This is a very nutritious stew with 4 of the 12 Top Anti-Inflammatory Foods. It is an easy stew to make.
Red Lentil Soup -This is an easy powerfood soup to make. You will be amazed by the great taste. It’s truly unique!
Pumpkin Soup – With onion, ginger, spices and sweet pumpkin, this Halloween soup recipe for pumpkin soup is delicious! I love that it is vegan creamy without all that cow’s milk. The pumpkin seeds on top add a lovely crunch.
Delightful Pumpkin Stew For One of Your Fall Meals– It is fall, so it’s ‘Stew’ time and I think you’re going to love this ‘Vegan Pumpkin Stew’ recipe! Fall is when I start making lots of vegan stews because they are heartening, nourishing and so easy to make. I have to say that summer is my favourite season, but there is so much beauty at this time of the year. I love walking amongst the beautiful fall leaves.