This is a great tasty vegetable stew for cold winter days.
Warming Vegetable Stew with Peanut Butter
1 large sweet potato, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
2 medium potatoes, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
1 large zucchini, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup green beans, chopped
1 cup red pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 – 3 tsp fresh grated ginger root
1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup frozen corn
2 cups water
2/3 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter Garnish with roasted peanuts.
1. Chop all vegetables and garlic and ginger.
2. Put potatoes, onion and sweet potato and spices in a large cooking pot with 2 cups water.
3. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook for 20 – 25 minutes.
4. Add zucchini and green beans and cook 10 minutes.
5. Then add red pepper and cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Turn off heat and stir in corn.
7. Pour out a cup of the stew water and mix peanut butter in.
8. Just before serving stew, stir in peanut butter.
9. Serve with peanuts garnish if desired.