This is a tasty vegetable stew with peanut butter and it is filled with superfood vegetables. The sweet potatoes add that sweetness to the stew making it extra tasty. It has good vegan protein from the peanut butter too. It is very good for cold winter days.
Vegetable Stew with Peanut Butter Recipe
1 large sweet potato, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
2 medium potatoes, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
1 large zucchini, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup green beans, chopped
1 cup red pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 – 3 tsp fresh grated ginger root
1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
1 cup frozen corn
2 cups water
1/2 – 2/3 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter – use the amount you will enjoy.
Garnish with roasted peanuts, chopped.
1. Chop all the vegetables, garlic and ginger.
2. Put potatoes, onion and sweet potato and spices in a large cooking pot with 2 cups water.
3. Cover and bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook for 20 – 25 minutes.
4. Add the zucchini and green beans and cook 10 minutes.
5. Then add red pepper and cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Turn off heat and stir in corn.
7. Pour out a cup of the stew water and mix peanut butter in.
8. Just before serving the stew, stir in peanut butter.
9. Serve with peanuts garnish if desired.
More warming and hearty recipes:
Lentil Stew – Lentil stew has all the benefits of the mighty powerfood lentils plus much more. And it tastes great.
Steamed Winter Vegetables – It is important to get a variety of vegetables into our bodies every day and here are some great winter vegetables.
Powerful Anti-Inflammatory Vegetable Stew – This is a very nutritious stew with 4 of the 12 Top Anti-Inflammatory Foods. It is an easy stew to make.