This is one of those life saver recipes when you have a sudden, unexpectedly dinner guest.
Steamed vegetables and rice is simple and fast but what do you jazz it up with?
Answer: Peanut butter sauce with ginger is enjoyed by everyone!
Peanut Butter Sauce with Garlic Recipe
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp peanut oil or coconut oil
1 – 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped (optional)
1 – 3 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 cup water
2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp. tamari or soya sauce or 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Sauté onion and garlic until golden brown.
- Add ginger.
- Mix together tamari or salt with 1 cup water.
- Turn heat down to low and add a half cup of water and the peanut butter.
- When well mixed, add the rest of the water to peanut butter mixture and mix.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Serve on top of steamed vegetables.
Fun Optional Additions: