I love this healthy sweet plum cake that is gluten free, dairy free and egg free cake. For me, it is also important that there are no unhealthy sugars and any healthy sugars be in small quantities. Being vegan is important to me. This is why I create recipes like the one below. Enjoy!
Sweet Plum Cake Recipe
2 cups fresh prune plums + 1/2 cup sliced plums for top
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup rice syrup
1 tsp stevia
4 Tbsp chickpea flour*
1 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup Potato flour
1/4 cup arrowroot starch
5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
2/3 cup water or 1/2 cup if you like a drier cake.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Oil and lightly flour 8” X 8” cake pan.
- Chop 2 cups of plums into one-inch pieces.
- Sprinkle plums with ginger.
- Slice 1/2 cup plums into slices to decorate the top of the cake.
- Blend oil, rice syrup, and water in a blender or mix well in a bowl.
- Mix flours, baking powder and sea salt in a separate bowl.
- Add chopped plums to dry flour mixture.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients.
- Mix quickly.
- Immediately pour batter into a cake pan.
- Decorate the top of the cake with plums.
- Bake at 375º F. oven for 35 To 40 minutes.
* This is for an egg-free vegan recipe, learn more about Eggs Substitutes.
Note: If you are considering going gluten-free
- Read: Can a Gluten Free Diet Help You Lose Weight?
- Listen to a Healthy & Gluten Free Baking Radio Interview with Diana
- Learn how to make sinfully delicious gluten-free treats and desserts that are still healthy for you. Health GF Baking Training
- Read 11 Gluten Free Grains to learn some of the alternatives and their many benefits.
- Check out: Diana’s Gluten Free Recipes Make sure you are subscribed to the newsletters for the latest recipes.
- Consider doing one of my Healthy Online Courses. All of the recipes for the courses are gluten-free.
Here are a few of my favorite plum recipes:
Plum Crumble – This plum crumble is delicious and very healthy too because there is no white sugar in it. Also, it is an extremely easy to make dessert.
Here are a couple of prune recipes:
Sweet Prune Fruit Pudding with Custard is Delicious – This prune fruit pudding made with the fruit compote is so delicious. What makes this pudding so special is being topped with the vegan custard. Also, what I really like about it is that there is no sugar added.
Prune Powerballs are Yummy and Full of Energy – These prune power balls rolled in coconut have a bit of history. Back in the hippy days, they were the famous ‘Bliss Balls’ that we all made very frequently. We made them with what we now call healthy superfoods.
Yummy Prune Jam is Sugar-Free with Apples and Cinnamon – This prune jam was so easy to make. Adding the cinnamon made it extra delicious. I did add a little stevia to make it taste more like a jam. This recipe makes two small jars.
Learn how to How to Select, Store and Prepare Plums