I love this healthy gluten free, dairy free and egg free cake. For me it is also important that there are no unhealthy sugars and any healthy sugars be in small quantities. Being vegan is important to me. This is why I create recipes like the one below. Enjoy!
Sweet Plum Cake
2 cups fresh prune plums + 1/2 cup sliced plums for top
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup rice syrup
1 tsp stevia
4 Tbsp chick pea flour
1 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup Potato flour
1/4 cup arrowroot starch
5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp sea salt
2/3 cup water or 1/2 cup if you like a drier cake.
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Oil and lightly flour 8” X 8”cake pan.
3. Chop 2 cups of plums into one inch pieces.
4. Sprinkle plums with ginger.
5. Slice 1/2 cup plums into slices to decorate the top of the cake.
6. Blend oil, rice syrup, and water in blender.
7. Mix flours, baking powder and sea salt in a separate bowl.
8. Add chopped plums to dry flour mixture.
9. Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients.
10. Mix quickly.
11. Immediately pour batter into cake pan.
12. Decorate top of cake with plums.
13. Bake at 375º F. oven for 35 To 40 minutes.
Note: If you are considering going gluten free
- Read: Can a Gluten Free Diet Help You Lose Weight?
- Listen to a Healthy & Gluten Free Baking Radio Interview with Diana
- Learn how to make sinfully delicious gluten free treats and desserts that are still healthy for you. Health GF Baking Training
- Read 11 Gluten Free Grains to learn some of the alternatives and their many benefits.
- Check out: Diana’s Gluten Free Recipes Make sure you are subscribed to the newsletters for the latest recipes.
- Consider doing one of my Healthy Online Courses. All of the recipes for the courses are gluten free.