A vegetable stir fry is a very simple and quick meal that tastes great. Feel free to substitute the vegetables you like best.
Vegetable Stir Fry
1 onion, halved and sliced
1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds and then cut into half moon shapes
1 carrot, sliced
1 – 3 tsp Braggs or tamari
1 cup broccoli florets
Handful of Pea pods or 2 handfuls of spinach
1/2 Red bell pepper, sliced
1 – 2 Tbsp Almond oil
1 – 4 cloves garlic, chopped (depends on how garlicky you would like it)
Fresh ginger, grated finely
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over low heat.
- Add the garlic and onion to the pan, quick sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, and ginger, sauté a few minutes more, or until the carrot brightens in color.
- Add the broccoli and continue to sauté for 5 minutes, or until the broccoli begins to turn a bright green color.
- Add the Braggs, pea pods and spinach and stir in.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- Turn off the heat and let the pan stand for a few minutes till the spinach is wilted.
- Serve the veggies over brown rice, quinoa or millet.
Note: This is just one of the recipes specific for the Weight Loss BootCamp. Check it out!
More healthy recipes for you to try:
Braised Radishes with Dill – These braised radishes are tasty with the peppery taste of the radishes balanced by tangy cider vinegar, coconut oil, and dill weed making a delicious addition to any meal.
Leeks with Carrots and Ginger – Leeks and carrots are for sure favourite vegetables in my kitchen. Pairing them with yummy ginger and garlic makes a very refreshing delicious addition to a meal. Also, all these ingredients are very nutritious for you too.
Carrots with Arame – This is a great addition to any meal especially if you like ginger and carrots.