Leeks and carrots are for sure favourite vegetables in my kitchen. Pairing them with yummy ginger and garlic makes a very refreshing delicious addition to a dinner meal. Also, all these ingredients are very nutritious for you too. In fact, almost all of the ingredients are superfoods.
The first time I served this dinner recipe, it was enjoyed so much that I promised to make it again real soon.
Leeks and Carrots with Ginger Recipe
1. Clean up the leeks, and then slice thinly, widthways. Place in a colander and rinse with cold running water to get all the dirt off, then drain well.
2. Grate the carrots on the coarse side.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat.
4. Chop the garlic and ginger, finely.
5. Add the leeks, garlic and ginger to the frying pan and cook for 5 – 6 minutes, until the leeks begin to wilt.
6. Mix in the grated carrots and add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cook for 3 more minutes.
8. Now serve and enjoy a delicious dish.
Learn about the 10 Benefits of Carrots – the Crunchy Powerfood
Also, learn the Leek Fun Facts For You – Largest Leek on a Video
More Delicious Leek or Carrot Recipes for You
Creamy Vegan Potato Leek Soup with Carrots – This filling and warming soup is perfect for a yummy lunch and so delicious.
Healthy Carrot Salad with Sunflower Seeds – This carrot salad with black currants and sunflower seeds is especially unique and so tasty. Also, it is filling too.
Carrots with Orange – A surprising but delightful combination which is so tasty.
Carrots with Arame – carrots with seaweed is so good for us and this is a very tasty recipe.
Sri Lankan Curried Leeks Are Delicious For Dinner