Leeks and carrots are for sure favourite vegetables in my kitchen. Pairing them with yummy ginger and garlic makes a very refreshing delicious addition to a dinner meal. Also, all these ingredients are very nutritious for you too. In fact, almost all of the ingredients are superfoods.
Leeks are full of health benefits! Before living in England, I had never heard of or seen leeks but now they are in all the supermarkets here. They are one of the many healthy superfoods to include in our meals. Leeks belong to the same family as onions and garlic.
The first time I served this dinner recipe, it was enjoyed so much that I promised to make it again real soon.
Leeks and Carrots with Ginger Recipe
1. Clean up the leeks, and then slice thinly, widthways. Place in a colander and rinse with cold running water to get all the dirt off, then drain well.
2. Grate the carrots on the coarse side.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat.
4. Chop the garlic and ginger, finely.
5. Add the leeks, garlic and ginger to the frying pan and cook for 5 – 6 minutes, until the leeks begin to wilt.
6. Mix in the grated carrots and add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cook for 3 more minutes.
8. Now serve and enjoy a delicious dish.
Learn about the 10 Benefits of Carrots – the Crunchy Powerfood
Also, learn more about Health Benefits of Leeks: Good For the Heart, Cancer Protection
More Delicious Leek or Carrot Recipes for You
Creamy Vegan Potato Leek Soup with Carrots – I created this potato leek soup at the end of September here in Edmonton, it felt like winter was almost here! This filling and warming soup is perfect for a yummy lunch. The recipe makes a big pot of soup which fed two of us for two lunches. It tastes so good that we also enjoyed it the second day too. Not only is it delicious it is full of healthy real foods too making it a very nutritious meal.
Healthy Carrot Salad with Sunflower Seeds – This carrot salad with black currants and sunflower seeds is especially unique and so tasty. Also, it is filling too.
Carrots with Orange – A surprising but delightful combination which is so tasty.
Carrots with Arame – carrots with seaweed is so good for us and this is a very tasty recipe.