Being a big fan of sweet potatoes so these sweet potato chips are a fun tasty food to eat. They are easy to make too. They can be part of a meal or good party food served with a dip such as guacamole or pesto.
Ok, let’s make some of these tasty chips which I always use coconut oil; learn How to Use Coconut Oil and the best salt to make them with.
Sweet Potato Chips Recipe
- 1 medium Sweet Potato About 8 ounces
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Turn oven to 375°F
- Melt the coconut oil
- Slice the sweet potato into very thin rounds (1/4 inch thick)
- Place the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet, not overlapping. Use a second sheet if needed.
- Sprinkle the oil on both sides of the sweet potatoes
- Now, sprinkle them with paprika, and salt.
- Bake them for 20 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and carefully turn the sweet potatoes over.
- Bake them for another 20 minutes until the edges of the chips curl up, the centers are just golden brown, and the tops are dry to the touch.
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and let the chips cool until crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the chips to a serving dish.
- Serve the sweet potato chips immediately with Guacamole Dip or Pesto.
Find out more about the ingredients I used: sweet potato, coconut oil, Himalaya salt
More Delicious Sweet Potato Recipes
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Pecans – Wow baked sweet potatoes with coconut oil and pecans are a delicious combination! Everyone knows sweet potatoes are yummy. Did you also know how healthy and nutritious they are for you?
Tasty Sweet Potato Salad – This sweet potato salad is a refreshing and filling salad. It is also very healthy for you.
Another Great Pesto to Try as a Dip or Sauce
Arugula Pesto Recipe – Healthy and Dairy Free – This arugula pesto is a favourite of mine and it is great to be able to use walnuts instead of the wonderful pine nuts with are so expensive. Usually, cheese is an ingredient when making a pesto recipe but there is no cheese in this and it still has a cheesy flavour thanks to the Nutritional Yeast used.