This is my very tasty Vegan Chili recipe which is always enjoyed whenever I serve it. It is very healthy and it is vegan and gluten-free too.
For this recipe, I cook my beans instead of buying canned ones. Learn how to cook your beans from scratch according to the recipe: How to Cook Beans.
Chili Con Veggie
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced, optional
- 1 - 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp coriander ground
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 - 1 tsp cayenne pepper*
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 carrots thinly sliced
- 3 cups cooked kidney beans and water
- 2 - 4 tsp Braggs
- 1 green pepper or 1 cup chopped kale sliced
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup corn frozen works
- Sauté onion, mushrooms, garlic till golden on medium heat.
- Add cumin, coriander, and oregano and saute for a minute.
- Add carrots, cooked kidney beans with 1 cup of the bean water, Braggs and green pepper.
- Cook till vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
- Cook on medium heat until thick like the consistency of gravy, adding more water if necessary.
- Add corn and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve with a grain of your choice. I usually serve with brown rice or millet.
To learn more about the benefits and how to avoid the gas experience of beans go to Beans, Beans and more Beans
Try these delicious meals:
Delicious Black Bean Stew – This stew is easy to make and filled with nutritious ingredients
Delightful Pumpkin Stew For One of Your Fall Meals– It is fall, so it’s ‘Stew’ time and I think you’re going to love this ‘Vegan Pumpkin Stew’ recipe! Fall is when I start making lots of vegan stews because they are heartening, nourishing and so easy to make. I have to say that summer is my favourite season, but there is so much beauty at this time of the year. I love walking amongst the beautiful fall leaves.