This is my very tasty Vegan Chili recipe which is always enjoyed whenever I serve it. It is very healthy and it is vegan and gluten-free too.
Vegan Chili Recipe
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 mushrooms, sliced, optional
1 – 3 cloves garlic
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. coriander
1 tsp. oregano
1/4 – 1 tsp cayenne pepper*
1 tsp paprika
3 carrots, thinly sliced
3 cups cooked kidney beans and water (cook according to the recipe: How to Cook Beans)
2 – 4 tsp. Braggs
1 green pepper, sliced or 1 cup chopped kale
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup corn, frozen works
- Sauté onion, mushrooms, garlic till golden on medium heat.
- Add cumin, coriander and oregano and saute for a minute.
- Add carrots, cooked kidney beans with 1 cup of the bean water, Braggs and green pepper.
- Cook till vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
- Cook on medium heat until thick like the consistency of gravy, adding more water if necessary.
- Add corn and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve with a grain of your choice. I usually serve with brown rice or millet.
* Cayenne is easier on the digestive system then chili and there is lots of literature saying it is very good for one’s health. But you could use Chili powder or fresh chopped chilies. I actually make this without any pepper as that is my preference but when I put the recipe together I knew that the people I was making it for would have been very disappointed had there been no heat in the Chili! Use as much as you like.
To learn more about the benefits and how to avoid the gas experience of beans go to Beans, Beans and more Beans
Try these delicious meals:
Delicious Black Bean Stew – This stew is easy to make and filled with nutritious ingredients