Some people think millet is a little tasteless but it doesn’t have to be when you cook it well!
What learned in my hippie day was to lightly toast it before cooking. This gives it a richer nutty flavour. Millet has thus become a favourite gluten-free grain of mine!
How to Cook Millet Recipe
- Add millet to a pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Dry sauté on medium heat till golden brown, stirring constantly. NOTE: If you hear a POPPING noise, your heat is too high.
- Add water and sea salt.
- Cover with lid, bring to a boil and simmer for 25 to 35 minutes, till all the water is absorbed (millet should be dry).
- OR this only works on an electric stove. Cover with lid, bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Leave on an electric stove burner that you have been cooking on with the lid on (do not peek) Leave for 30 minutes; all the water will be absorbed (millet should be dry).
Read all the health benefits of this gluten-free, alkalizing grain
Enjoy Other Millet Recipes
Millet Pudding This is a pudding without all that sugar and is vegan meaning that there is no cow’s milk or eggs in it. And it is tasty and healthy!
Millet and Buckwheat With Sunflower Seeds the buckwheat gives the mild millet an extra zing! This is my favourite way to eat millet for lunch as I love the buckwheat in it.
Millet Porridge – Vegan & Gluten Free easy to make and yummy.
Millet is just ONE of the foods you will learn to use properly at my Weekend Web Alkalizing Bootcamp