This Millet & Buckwheat recipe is a favorite of mine; it is very yummy and mostly alkaline. The buckwheat with its full flavour enhances the very light flavour of the millet.
Millet & Buckwheat
1. Dry sauté sunflowers seeds in a pan with a tight fitting lid.
2. Add buckwheat and millet after a few minutes.
3. Sauté until golden brown.
4. Add salt and water.
5. Bring to a boil and cover with a tight lid.
6. Simmer until all the water is absorbed – approximately 40 minutes.
To discover the health benefits with millet: click here Millet- the Alkaline Powerfood
This brand of buckwheat groats I buy from a little Russian store near where I live: Russkoe Pole Buckwheat Groats
To read more about alkalizing the body click on this link: Balance Your Body with Acid/Alkaline Balance.
More Millet Recipes:
Millet Pudding:This millet pudding is simple, very nourishing and is gluten free and vegan too.
Learn How to Cook Perfect Millet with my very simple energy-conserving way.