This is a delicious wild rice risotto which is very simple to make. The addition of mushrooms and corn makes it extra yummy.
The first thing to do before creating the recipe below is to learn how to cook it to perfection by following the recipe: How to Cook Wild Rice.
Wild Rice Risotto Recipe
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 handful spinach leaves, washed
1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
2 cups cooked wild rice
1 tsp Spike
Black pepper to taste
- Cook rice in a covered saucepan. (see recipe How to Cook Wild Rice.)
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Sauté the mushrooms and onions stirring them often, till lightly golden.
- Add the corn, cook, stirring often, for a few minutes.
- Now add the spinach and cook, stirring often, for about two minutes.
- Add the cooked wild rice to this mixture, stirring it in.
- Season the dish with a sprinkle of Spike and black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy your wild rice risotto.
Try these favorite wild rice recipes of mine:
Delightfully Delicious Wild Rice Salad – This wild rice salad is delicious, nourishing and filling. It has tasty colourful vegetables in it to give the wild rice a good contrast and is a crunchy salad for lunch or dinner.
Deluxe Tasty Wild Rice Pudding – This wild rice pudding is a new favorite pudding of mine. It has a creamy consistency and it is still vegan which I like.