This sweet bell peppers stuffed with wild rice recipe is a favourite of mine. It’s yummy, beautiful and nutritious! The recipe is vegan and gluten-free too.
Bell peppers, with their sweet taste, crunchiness and vivid bright colours, will make your meal beautiful and add many health benefits to your meal too. They can lower the risk of prostate cancer, help repair bones, help prevent anemia and are a wonderful food for weight loss!
Learn more about Bell Peppers, the Colorful Powerfood!
And Wild Rice is One of the Most Decadent Gluten-Free Powerfoods
The first thing to do before creating the recipes below is to follow the recipe: How to Cook Wild Rice.
Photo Directions: (Complete Recipe Below)
Slice off the top of peppers and clean out inside seeds. Steam peppers and tops for 5 minutes.
Sauté onion and mushroom in oil for 5 minutes and mix in the remaining ingredients.
Stuff mixture into green pepper shells.
Cover with pepper tops and place into baking dish.
Bake at 350º F. for 25 to 30 minutes.
To serve cut the peppers in half.
Serve with Tahini Cream Sauce.
Here is the full recipe:
Sweet Bell Peppers Stuffed with Wild Rice Recipe
3 Bell Peppers
1/2 Small Onion (Chopped Finely)
1/4 Pound Mushrooms
1 Tbsp Almond or Coconut Oil
1 Cup Long Grain Brown Rice (Cooked)
1 Cup Wild Rice (Cooked)
½ Cup Frozen Corn
¼ Cup Parsley (Chopped)
1 tsp Himalayan Salt
1. Slice off the top of peppers and clean out seeds inside.
2. Steam peppers and tops for 5 minutes.
3. Sauté onion and mushroom in oil for 5 minutes.
4. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
5. Stuff mixture into green pepper shells and cover with pepper tops.
6. Place into baking dish.
7. Bake at 350º F. for 25 to 30 minutes.
8. To serve cut the peppers in half.
9. Serve with Tahini Cream Sauce.
Tahini Cream Sauce
This is a very simple and quick sauce to make.
1/4 cup Light Tahini (sesame butter)
1/4 – 1/2 cup Water (the reason there is such a variance in the water is that some tahini is thicker than others)
1 tsp Lemon juice
Salt to taste
1. Put the tahini in a small deep bowl.
2. Slowly add water and blend with a fork.
3. At first, it will make a thick sauce.
4. Add water until it is a creamy sauce.
5. Add more water if you would like it thinner.
6. Use on top of steamed vegetables or a grain like brown rice.
Here Are Three More Wild Rice Recipes
Delicious Wild Rice Risotto with Corn and Mushrooms – This is a delicious wild rice risotto which is very simple to make. The addition of mushrooms and corn makes it extra yummy.
Delightfully Delicious Wild Rice Salad – This wild rice salad is delicious, nourishing and filling. It has tasty colourful vegetables in it to give the wild rice a good contrast and is a crunchy salad for lunch or dinner.
Deluxe Tasty Wild Rice Pudding – This wild rice pudding is a new favorite pudding of mine. It has a creamy consistency and it is still vegan which I like. It is not overly sweet and yet is a sweet pudding with lots of flavour and lots of wild rice which is full of health benefits as it is a wonderful superfood.
More Delicious Rice Recipes