This wild rice pudding is a new favorite pudding of mine. It has a creamy consistency and it is still vegan which I like. It is not overly sweet and yet is a sweet pudding with lots of flavour and lots of wild rice which is full of health benefits.
The first thing to do before creating the recipes below is to follow the recipe: How to Cook Wild Rice.
Wild Rice Pudding Recipe
3 cups cooked wild rice (see recipe)
1 1/2 cups coconut milk (rice, almond, or oat is fine too)
1 Tbsp arrowroot + 1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
1/2 tsp stevia
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
1/2 teaspoon ginger
3/4 cup sultana raisins
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup pecans, lightly chopped
- Cook wild rice.
- Combine arrowroot with 1/2 cup coconut milk.
- Mix cooked rice in a baking dish with all ingredients except for pecans.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake at 350º for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes to cool down.
- Serve and enjoy this deluxe wild rice pudding.
- In the photo of my pudding above, I put coconut yogurt.
Try these other delicious pudding recipes:
Deluxe Quinoa Pudding (vegan & gluten free) – an extra special delicious quinoa pudding made from my favorite grain, without added sugar or milk.
Delicious Vegan Banana Pudding – another vegan dessert that is very quick, easy to make dessert and without any unhealthy added sugar.