How about a very yummy, healthy protein meal filled with vegetables. This stew is high in potassium for those of you who need a boost in that area. Also, half a cup of white beans is loaded with close to 100 mg of calcium.
White Bean Vegetable Stew Recipe
1 1/2 cups white beans
2 pieces of Wakame (seaweed)
4 bay leaves
1 large onion, chopped finely
1/2 lb. spinach or beet greens, chopped
4 Tbl vegetable oil
2 carrots, chopped
1/4 teaspoon liquid dark stevia
1 tsp basil
1 tsp marjoram
2 – 3 Tbl Braggs
1 Tbl fresh parsley
Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook beans for 1 – 2 hours (time is dependent on the age of the beans) according to recipe titled “COOKING BEANS”.
- When beans are soft, add wakame, bay leaves, Braggs, basil, marjoram and stevia.
- Sauté onion, celery and garlic in oil. When golden brown, add to the cooked beans.
- Then add broccoli and beet greens.
- Simmer for half an hour or till vegetables are tender.
- Mix in parsley and add black pepper to taste.
Here are some of my favorite Stews:
Delightful Pumpkin Stew For One of Your Fall Meals– It is fall, so it’s ‘Stew’ time and I think you’re going to love this ‘Vegan Pumpkin Stew’ recipe! Fall is when I start making lots of vegan stews because they are heartening, nourishing and so easy to make. I have to say that summer is my favourite season, but there is so much beauty at this time of the year. I love walking amongst the beautiful fall leaves.