These gluten-free vegan shortbread cookies are awesomely delicious! They even melt in your mouth like regular shortbread. I was determined to keep out the unhealthy starches, adding only a little healthy arrowroot and of course no white sugar.
These cookies are one of the many recipes in my Healthy Baking Class
Gluten-Free Vegan Shortbread Cookies
1 cup virgin Coconut oil, melted on very low heat.
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp of liquid stevia
1 cup Brown Rice Flour
2/3 cup White Rice Flour
1/3 cup potato flour
1/4 cup Arrowroot
Pinch of Himalayan Salt
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1. In a bowl add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and liquid stevia and mix well.
2. Mix flours, arrowroot, and salt in another bowl.
3. Add flour mixture slowly to coconut oil mixture while beating.
4. Form dough into small 1 inch balls.
5. Roll into pecans.
6. Grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
7. Place the balls onto the greased cookie sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand.
8. Bake them for 8 – 10 minutes at 325º F.
9. Cool for about 5 minutes on a cookie sheet before moving them to a cooling rack or they will crumble.
Makes 24 – 26 cookies
Here are more of my delicious cookie recipes:
Fancy Sunflower Seed Cookies – Gluten Free – These sunflower seed cookies really are fancy, delicious and healthy too! Often cookies are made with lots of butter, white flour and white sugar which are not healthy ingredients. I have developed them with healthy ingredients and no starch.
Delicious Gluten-Free Hermit Cookies – These delicious gluten-free hermit cookies are not overly sweet which is why we like them. Best thing is that they are full of very healthy ingredients and are vegan too. They do have a bit of a drier texture than the ones with wheat in them but don’t be concerned and are still yummy.