These molasses/tahini cookies are Middle Eastern inspired, delicious, and easy to make! They are a very healthy cookie full of nutrients from the molasses and tahini. Also, they are vegan, and gluten-free too! And they are so very yummy.
Molasses/Tahini Cookies Recipe
This recipe makes 10 – 15 cookies.
1 Tbsp of flaxseed meal, soaked in 2 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp of tahini
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2/3 cup brown rice flour
3 Tbsp Blackstrap Molasses
1/2 tsp stevia
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of Himalayan salt
Unsweetened coconut shreds for the top of the cookies for decoration.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add tahini, molasses, coconut oil, salt, soda, and stevia.
- Now mix in the rice flour and walnuts.
- Make small balls for the cookies and dip the top into the coconut.
- Then put them on an oiled cookie sheet.
- Press each one down so they are all flat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, leaving them for 2 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
They will last a week, but they are best eaten within a few days
Try These Delicious Vegan and Gluten-Free Treats
Delicious Turkish Tahini and Molasses Dessert – This tahini and molasses dessert is from Turkey which they call ‘Tahin Pekmez’. It is so easy and fast to make as it requires no cooking or no baking. All you do is mix it up and that only takes a few minutes and voila it is done! It can be eaten with a spoon, but it is a very very sweet dessert. Traditionally it is eaten with fresh crunchy bread dipped in or mixed in it.
Delicious Gluten-Free Hermit Cookies – These delicious gluten-free hermit cookies are not overly sweet which is why we like them. Best thing is that they are full of very healthy ingredients and are vegan too. They do have a bit of a drier texture than the ones with wheat in them but don’t be concerned and are still yummy..
Gingerbread Cake – Gluten free – This cake is simply delicious! The heat of the ginger balances off the sweeter elements so it doesn’t feel heavy. This was only recently perfected with some experimentation.