These molasses/tahini cookies are Middle Eastern inspired, delicious, and easy to make! They are a very healthy cookie full of nutrients from the molasses and tahini. Also, they are vegan, and gluten-free too! And they are yummy.
Molasses/Tahini Cookies Recipe
This recipe makes 10 – 15 cookies.
1 Tbsp of flax seed meal, soaked in 2 Tbsp water
3 Tbsp of tahini
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2/3 cup brown rice flour
3 Tbsp Blackstrap Molasses
1/2 tsp stevia
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch of Himalayan salt
Unsweetened coconut shreds for the top of the cookies for decoration.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add tahini, molasses, coconut oil, salt, soda, and stevia.
- Now mix in the rice flour and walnuts.
- Make small balls for the cookies and dip the top into the coconut.
- Then put them on an oiled cookie sheet.
- Press each one down so they are all flat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, leaving them for 2 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
They will last a week, but they are best eaten within a few days
Try these other delicious treats:
Delicious Turkish Tahini and Molasses Dessert– This is so easy and fast to make as it requires no cooking or no baking.
Delicious Gluten-Free Hermit Cookies – These delicious gluten-free hermit cookies are not overly sweet which is why we like them.
Gingerbread Cake – Gluten free – This cake is delicious! The heat of the ginger balances off the sweeter elements so it doesn’t feel heavy.