These braised radishes are tasty with the peppery taste of the radishes balanced by tangy cider vinegar, coconut oil, and dill weed making a delicious addition to any meal.
1 bunch Radishes, tops removed and reserved*
2 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 – 2 cloves Garlic, chopped (optional)
1/3 cup water
Fresh dill weed or mint or radish leaves, chopped
1 Tbs. cider vinegar
Himalayan salt and black pepper
- Slice radishes in half from top to bottom.
- Heat coconut oil in a heavy frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped garlic and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the radishes, cut side down in the pan and sauté them until slightly brown.
- Add the cider vinegar and water and cover, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and turn the heat to medium high, cooking and stirring, until the liquid has reduced.
- Add the dill and cook for a minute.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
*You can eat the radish greens later in a salad or steamed.
Another tasty recipe: