When you make these radish pickles you get to eat them very soon rather than waiting for days when preserving.
- Combine cider vinegar with 1/2-cup of water, salt, black pepper and dill seed in a small glass container with a lid.
- Place radishes in with the liquid mixture.
- Make sure they are submerged, add cold water to cover.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, overnight is best.
- Then put into jars and store in the refrigerator. They will keep for about 10 – 20 days.
Salt draws moisture out of the vegetables and encourages the growth of useful bacteria so do not skimp on it.
Here is another easy pickle recipe:
Quick Healthy Pickles are done for immediate use rather than preserving. They also have a simpler flavour than the preserved kind.