This delicious Swiss chard soup is hearty with the addition of potatoes and is very nutritious too. I love that it is so creamy without the addition of cow’s milk and the crunchy almonds on top. It is a whole vegan meal in a bowl too.
Creamy Swiss Chard Soup Recipe
1 Tbsp almond oil
3 cups water
2 cups almond milk (unsweetened)
1 large onion, chopped
4 cups chopped Swiss chard (best to use just the green leaves, save the rest for use in another dish)
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
4 cups potatoes
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup almonds, toasted and slivered
- Saute onion and garlic until softened in a soup pot, about 5 min.
- Add potatoes, bay leaf, salt, and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 30 min.
- Add Swiss chard, parsley, and black pepper and cook for 10 min.
- Add almond milk and heat till hot but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and puree in a food processor or add a couple of cups at a time in a blender.
- Return to soup pot and reheat for 5 min so that it is hot.
- Garnish with toasted almonds and fresh dill.
- Now, enjoy your Swiss chard soup.
More Delicious Vegan Soup Recipes
Cream of Asparagus Soup Another creamy soup that is vegan and so yummy.
Fresh Quick Pea Soup Recipe Here is a soup which is so easy and fast to make for lunch.
Borscht is the best way to get healthy powerfood beets filled with beta-carotenes and minerals into our diet. It is quick to cook, easy to vary, and enjoyed by everyone, even children. This is a traditional soup in Ukraine; many people from that country landed in my home city of Edmonton.
This is my vegan version with just a few adjustments to the ingredient list.
Enjoy a Cool Tomato Soup On a Hot Summer Day – Tasty cold tomato soup is refreshing, nutritious, tastes divine and great for a hot summer day.