This shiitake mushroom miso soup is a delicious start to a meal and it is full of many health benefits from the mushroom, seaweed, miso and ginger.
Shiitake Mushroom Miso Soup Recipe
- Soak Kombu, Wakame, ginger and shitake mushrooms in 3 cups of water in a saucepan for 30 minutes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain out the kombu, wakame and mushrooms saving the liquid.
- Slice Wakame and kombu and cut stocks off shitake mushrooms and chop finely, and slice mushroom caps in half and return to stock
- Simmer on medium heat till spinach leaves have wilted. Turn heat off.
- Add miso. (Never boil miso because that kills the live cultures which are so beneficial). Stir the miso thoroughly into the water and then add this back to the pot. As Miso is high in sodium, adjust how much you add to taste.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious shiitake mushroom miso soup.
Try these yummy shiitake mushroom recipes:
Shiitake Mushroom Salad with Walnuts is Very Tasty – This shiitake mushroom salad is extra delicious with the addition of walnuts. All the ingredients in this salad are healthy and so it is very good for you.
Quick Sautéed Shiitake Mushrooms with Fresh Herbs – These sautéed shiitake mushrooms are a great addition to a meal, adding the healing benefits of these special mushrooms. They are a tasty topper for rice, millet or quinoa and only take about 15 minutes to make.
Some more Delicious Soup Recipes:
Creamy Swiss Chard Soup with Almonds is Delicious – This delicious Swiss chard soup is hearty with the addition of potatoes and is very nutritious too. I love that it is so creamy without the addition of cow’s milk and the crunchy almonds on top.
Pumpkin Soup-With onion, ginger, spices and pumpkin, this soup is delicious! I was given a very large pumpkin and did not know what to do with so much. So I created this recipe.
Beet Soup – This is a sweet soup with beets, and a hint of orange flavour giving it an interesting twist.