This shiitake mushroom miso soup is a delicious start to a meal and it is full of many health benefits from the mushroom, seaweed, miso and ginger. It is a delicious superfood soup for you.
Learn all about how Shiitake Mushrooms Are Full of Wonderful Health Benefits.
Shiitake Mushroom Miso Soup Recipe
- Soak Kombu, Wakame, ginger and shitake mushrooms in 3 cups of water in a saucepan for 30 minutes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain out the kombu, wakame and mushrooms saving the liquid.
- Slice Wakame and kombu and cut stocks off shitake mushrooms and chop finely, and slice mushroom caps in half and return to stock
- Simmer on medium heat till spinach leaves have wilted. Turn heat off.
- Add miso. (Never boil miso because that kills the live cultures which are so beneficial). Stir the miso thoroughly into the water and then add this back to the pot. As Miso is high in sodium, adjust how much you add to taste.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious shiitake mushroom miso soup.
Try These Yummy Shiitake Mushroom Recipes
Shiitake Mushroom Salad with Walnuts is Very Tasty – This shiitake mushroom salad is extra delicious with the addition of walnuts. All the ingredients in this salad are healthy and so it is very good for you.
Quick Sautéed Shiitake Mushrooms with Fresh Herbs – These sautéed shiitake mushrooms are a great addition to a meal, adding the healing benefits of these special mushrooms. They are a tasty topper for rice, millet or quinoa and only take about 15 minutes to make.
Some More Delicious Soup Recipes
Creamy Swiss Chard Soup with Almonds is Delicious – This delicious Swiss chard soup is hearty with the addition of potatoes and is very nutritious too. I love that it is so creamy without the addition of cow’s milk and the crunchy almonds on top.
Pumpkin Soup-With onion, ginger, spices and pumpkin, this soup is delicious! I was given a very large pumpkin and did not know what to do with so much. So I created this recipe.
Easy Peasy Green Pea Soup – This green pea soup really is yummy and it is a super easy soup to make. Hearing me say that frozen peas taste good is amazing; as I don’t even like to eat frozen peas. But this creamy green pea soup is really delicious and within a week I had it twice!
Soba Soup – a Japanese Favourite – If you want a delicious noodle soup recipe that is gluten-free, and perhaps even grain-free try this soba soup.
Kabocha Squash Soup – This is my favorite soup which I developed a few years ago. Every time I make it for friends they just love it and so do I!
Creamy Swiss Chard Soup with Almonds is Delicious – always love having a creamy soup that is vegan without all that dairy.
Beet Soup – This is a sweet soup with beets, and a hint of orange flavour giving it an interesting twist.