These sautéed shiitake mushrooms are a great addition to a meal, adding the healing benefits of these special mushrooms. They are a tasty topper for rice, millet or quinoa and only take about 15 minutes to make.
Exotic shiitake mushrooms have been part of the diet in China, Japan and Korea for thousands of years! Their medicinal and health benefits are proven, from boosting the immune system to fighting cancer. This special superfood became the Asian symbol for longevity since early times. Learn all about how Shiitake Mushrooms Are Full of Wonderful Health Benefits.
Sautéed Shiitake Mushrooms Recipe
- Lightly wipe the mushrooms.
- Trim and discard any tough stems on the mushrooms.
- Slice the mushrooms.
- Bring the oil to medium-high heat in a large skillet and add the mushrooms.
- Stirring them frequently and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the mushrooms have released their juices and begin to brown.
- Stir in the garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add mixed herbs; stir in and season with salt to taste.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.
- Now enjoy your delicious sauteed shiitake mushroom dish.
Two More Favorite Shiitake Mushroom Recipes
Shiitake Mushroom Salad with Walnuts is Very Tasty – This shiitake mushroom salad is extra delicious with the addition of walnuts. All the ingredients in this salad are healthy and so it is very good for you.
Savory Delicious Shiitake Mushroom Miso Soup – This shiitake mushroom miso soup is a delicious start to a meal and it is full of many health benefits from the mushroom, seaweed, miso and ginger.
Spicy Asian Shiitake Mushroom Stew with Fried Tofu – Try this very tasty hearty shiitake mushroom stew. It is a wonderful vegan dinner meal. You can always leave out the chili if you are one who does not like a very spicy soup like me.
Delicious Wild Rice Risotto with Corn and Mushrooms – This is a delicious wild rice risotto which is very simple to make. The addition of mushrooms and corn makes it extra yummy.
Yummy Grain-Free Stuffing with Cauliflower and Mushrooms – this is delicious stuffing without all that bread. It is very healthy and the addition of the mushroom add that extra yummy flavour.