If you like mushrooms, you will love this mushroom gravy recipe! It is very good on bean or nut burgers.
Magnificent Mushroom Gravy
3 cups White or Cremini (brown) Mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2 cups onion, finely chopped
1 – 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 – 4 tablespoons Almond Oil or ghee
½ tsp marjoram
½ tsp thyme
4 tsp arrowroot in 1/2 cup water
1 cup water
2 – 3 tsp Tamari or 1 – 2 tsp Spike Seasoning
- Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons of oil or ghee on medium high heat until rich golden brown.
- Add garlic and sauté on medium low heat for 2 minutes.
- Now add mushrooms and sauté till they are golden brown.
- Add marjoram, thyme on low/medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of water to the mushroom mixture and stir.
- Now mix in arrowroot mixture, stirring continually till smooth.
- Then add more water until thick and has the creamy consistency of gravy.
- Add tamari or Spike and pepper to taste.
The Mushroom Advantage Infographic – So many wonderful benefits from eating tasty superfood mushrooms. Here is a wonderful infographic and for more good information read Time to enjoy Tasty Mushrooms with Amazing Health Benefits.
Here are more recipes to try:
Onion Gravy – This onion gravy is a wonderful delicious addition to any vegetarian meal. Sometimes our vegetables or veggie burger are extra tasty with a little gravy. I love that it is vegan too. It really is easy to make too.