These tasty Brazil Nut Burgers are filled with healthy ingredients and are gluten free and vegan too. This burger dish is great for a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner.
Brazil Nut Burgers
1 2/3 cup Brazil nuts
1 Tbsp almond oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups cooked short grain brown rice
1 carrot, grated
1 – 2 Tbsp Braggs or Tamari
2 Tbsp flax meal & 2 tbsp. water
1 clove garlic, chopped (optional)
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 tsp basil
A little brown rice flour.
- In a pan, sauté the Brazil nuts in oil until they are golden brown.
- Take them off of the heat and let the nuts cool.
- When cool, chop or crush the Brazil nuts.
- Sauté the onion in a pan till transparent.
- Mix in the chopped nuts, sautéed onion, garlic, rice, grated carrot, Braggs, flax mixture, sage, rosemary, and basil together.
- Take the mixture off of the heat and form into 2 inch patties – ½ inch thick.
- Lightly flour patties with brown rice flour on both sides.
- Fry them in oil on medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Serve the burgers with this tasty mushroom gravy.
Try these tasty brazil nut recipes as well:
Tasty MilletCoconut Pudding with Brazil Nuts (Sugarless) – This creamy millet coconut pudding is extra delicious with the addition of Brazil nuts. It is gluten free, vegan and easy to make with all healthy ingredients.
Brazil Nut Milk – This is a very easy and simple nut milk to make. These nuts make a very healthy Brazil nut milk; they are high in selenium, thiamin (Vitamin B1, phosphorus, and magnesium.