This onion gravy is a wonderful delicious addition to any vegetarian meal. I love that it is vegan too. So easy to make too.
Onion Gravy Recipe
2 medium onions (yellow ones are best), peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
1 – 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 – 4 tablespoons Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
4 tsp arrowroot
2 – 3 tsp Tamari
1 1/2 c water
- Sauté onion in oil in a frying pan, on medium high heat until rich golden brown.
- Add garlic and sauté on medium low heat for 2 minutes.
- Now, add marjoram, thyme and balsamic vinegar.
- Add 1 cup of water to the onion mixture, stir and simmer for a few minutes on low heat.
- Mix arrowroot into 1/2 cup water.
- Stir the arrowroot mixture into the onion mixture.
- Turn heat up to medium and continue to stir while the mixture boils for a few minutes. It will become translucent with a creamy consistency of gravy.
- You can add more water to create the desired consistency.
- Add tamari and pepper to taste.
Try these nutritious recipes:
Onion Soup: A classic recipe that is vegan – and just as healthy as the original.