When spring arrives our body is looking forward to a spring cleanse. The mineral-rich vegetables arriving in the spring are very helpful for detoxing. As we know: Nature does know best!
Learn about the seventeen best and favorite foods to easily include in your cleansing menu.
Best Foods for Any Cleanse are Usually:
- Alkaline forming
- Easy to digest
- High fiber content
- Nourish cleansing systems or organs
- High water content
- Full of anti-inflammatories
- Full of antioxidants
Top 10 Foods for a Spring Cleanse
These next 10 foods are the top 10 on my list for cleansing. There are more that follow to complete the list, but these first few are the best of the bunch.
- Dandelions are a powerful food that helps detox the liver.
Their roots and leaves feed the liver and help assist cleansing.
Very stimulating for the digestive juices helps the digestion of fats.
They contain 48 substances that support your body to detox naturally.
Eat dandelion greens in the spring before they get too bitter in the summer.
- Asparagus helps cleanse the kidneys and reduces water retention.
Contains inulin which promotes the growth and activity of friendly bacteria in the intestines making it difficult for unfriendly bacteria to grow.
Food highest in glutathione, an important anti-carcinogen.
- Spinach is rich in Anti-Cancer and Anti-inflammatory antioxidants.
- Lemons are a apowerful detoxing fruit, containing lots of vitamin C which helps convert toxins into a water-soluble form that’s easily flushed away.
Your liver is your largest cleansing organ, and loves lemons!
They are the most alkaline forming food.
The main ingredient of Master Cleanse (Lemonade Diet).
- Radishes have a sulfurous mustard oil in them that stimulates the circulation system as well as the liver and kidneys to help with a detox.
Very good for the skin because of high sulfur, silicon and vitamin C content.
They are a good source of fibre.
- Nettles are a super detox food that strengthens the liver, adrenal glands and kidneys.
Rich in minerals
Can ease seasonal allergy symptoms
The stinging parts are destroyed during cooking.
- Green tea helps flush toxins out of the system with antioxidant catechins, which increase liver function.
Is full of polyphenols which produce extra heat in the body and burn calories so you can lose weight.
- Green Peas are an easy to digest vegetable and they eliminate efficiently.
Provide useful vegan protein to substitute for heavier proteins.
Rich in anti-oxidants including flavonoids, carotenoids, phenolic acids and polyphenols
- Fresh coriander leaves have been clinically proven to remove mercury. This healing herb:
Lowers blood sugar.
Lowers bad cholesterol.
Improves eye health.
- Celery being a high fiber food assists colon cleansing and weight loss.
Active phthalides relax artery walls to reduce blood pressure.
Is a negative calorie food so you can eat lots and not get any calories.
proven to protect liver cells from the damaging effects of alcohol and other toxins.
Also, it has anti-cancer compounds.
Next 7 Very Best Foods for a Spring Cleanse
While the ten foods listed above would be the top 10 ideal foods to include in your spring cleanse, these next seven should not go without mention.
- Artichokes are wonderful food on a spring cleanse, supporting the liver and the gallbladder.
They help detox harmful chemicals.
Lowers high blood pressure.
- Sesame seeds are a good source of easy to digest protein.
Are full of amino acids called methionine and tryptophan, which helps the liver and kidneys to function and detox effectively.
- Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant that increases anti-inflammatory enzymes in the liver supporting the cleansing process.
Turmeric powder has powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.
Improves Phase II liver detoxification. Reduced Phase II detoxification is associated with environmental sensitivities, fibromyalgia, and CFS.
Helps detoxify the blood.
The high content of vitamin C and sulphur removes toxins.
It helps keep blood pressure low because of its high potassium content by opening up blood vessels.
- Citrus Fruits are high vitamin C; it is needed to make glutathione which feeds liver. (liver is the largest cleansing organ in the body.
Citrus fruits help to reduce mucous in your body.
The high amounts of pectin in these fruits is good for cleansing.
- Cabbage activates detoxifying enzymes in the liver.
- Garlic: Antibacterial, antiviral, anti-fungal and anti-cancer, garlic can clearly be named a superfood.
Garlic contains specific antioxidants and substances that play an important role in natural detoxification.
- Pineapple helps cleanse and tone the pores in your lungs, which directly affect the elasticity of your lung sacs.
Contains the enzyme bromelain, which helps expel intestinal worms from your lung pores.
The bromelain is great for digestion.
Raw veggies are highly alkalizing and high in fiber, which helps cleanse the colon.
High sulfur vegetables (onions, carrots, artichoke, asparagus, kale, and beets) helps the liver detoxify harmful chemicals.
Now you know the 17 best food for a spring cleanse.
Add a selection of these top foods to eat during your spring cleanse to feel better and get better results.
Want To Learn More About A Spring Cleanse?
Watch a free one hour video training, How To Detox With A Spring Cleanse, and learn more about how these foods fit into the overall plan for a successful cleansing program.
- Learn the Best time to detox.
- Different kinds of detoxes.
- Foods and activities essential for a detox.
- Advanced detoxes.
6 Week Spring Cleanse Course
Or, if you’re eager, you can also get started immediately with my 6 week spring cleansing program. A 6 week online course with menu’s, recipes and coaching based on my 2-5-30 eating program. It’s currently offered at a very discounted price.