This vegan curry recipe is delicious and so easy to make! It is full of nutritious superfood vegetables and spices that your body loves. Also, if you are like me and don’t like hot spicy food, you can make this curry without it being hot.
Time to make a vegan curry for an enjoyable delicious dinner tonight.
I love making my own healthy curries which is why I created this recipe below.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 eggplant/aubergine, chopped
- 2 potatoes, chopped into cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cardamom seeds, crushed
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 pkg creamed coconut
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup peas or green beans (can be frozen)
- 1/2 - 2 tsp cayenne pepper depending on how hot you like it!!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- In a pan saute the onion, eggplant/aubergine, potatoes, and garlic in coconut oil until everything is lightly browned.
- Add the black mustard seeds, cumin coriander, cardamom, and grated ginger and fry for a few minutes longer.
- Mix in the creamed coconut water, and salt to the mixture.
- Simmer together for another 20 minutes.
- Now add your frozen peas or green beans and red pepper to the pan.
- Simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated but everything is still the consistency of a sauce.
- Season it to taste with cayenne pepper, depending on how hot you like it.
- Serve this tasty vegetable curry with rice and chutney.
More Delicious Vegan Main Course Recipes:
Adzuki Vegetable Bean Stew – This is a simple recipe to make with one of the easiest to digest beans; adzuki beans. I love Adzuki beans and this tasty stew is both filling and delicious.
Curried Green Beans and Potatoes – Another curry meal. Green beans, carrots and potatoes become extra special and yummy when made into a simple curry.
Warming Vegetable Stew with Peanut Butter – This is a great tasty vegetable stew for cold winter days. The peanut butter gives the stew a delicious touch. Also, it is easy to make.