This is one of those recipes that originated in my hippy days in the Kootenays of British Columbia, Canada.
We had a variety of flavours of ‘Bliss Balls’; this was a favorite. It did have lots of honey in it though which I reduced the quantity. You can replace it with rice syrup. Also, it had wheat germ in it which I replaced to make it gluten free.
- Blend honey and peanut butter.
- Mix in remaining ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Form into 1 inch balls.
- Roll balls in sesame seeds.
- Set on a plate or cookie sheet and let them form for 2 hours.
- Then store in an airtight container, each layer on parchment paper, in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Try to use organic peanut butter without all the additives. This is a good peanut butter with no unhealthy additives and is organic too. Smucker’s Organic Creamy Peanut Butter
I am a big fan of chunky peanut butter cause I like the crunch: Smucker’s Organic Natural Peanut Butter-chunky
To get healthy recipes and tips sent to your mailbox once a week with
more information about these foods, subscribe to the newsletter.
You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals
with my 2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.