These yummy raw apricot coconut balls are a fun and easy recipe to make. It’s always nice to have a few of these on hand.
Adding a few raisins or sultanas that are unsweetened and unsulfured adds some more sweetness to this mix. Raisins are a healthy, tasty food when eaten in moderation. They are a good source of nutrients and add a tasty sweetness to desserts and snacks. According to Medical News Today, they have many health benefits.
Raw Apricot Coconut Balls
1 cup chopped dried apricots
1 cup sultanas
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 Tbsp. coarsely grated orange rind, preferably organic
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
3/4 cup chopped raw pecans or walnuts
+ 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Combine the apricots, raisins, juice and orange rind in a small bowl.
- Cover the bowl and let stand for 1 hour or up to 1 day.
- In a food processor or blender, chop the mixture finely and mix in 1 1/2 cups of coconut and all the pecans or walnuts.
- Form about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into balls, roll the balls in the remaining coconut.
- Let stand on parchment paper to dry for 8 hours or overnight.
(Can be stored in airtight containers, each layer on parchment paper, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.)
This is one of Diana’s 10 Favorite Sweet Healthy Holiday Desserts.
Two others in this group of ten are:
Get healthy tasty vegan gluten free recipes and useful lifestyle tips
sent to you once a week, subscribe to the newsletter.
You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals with my
2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.
Copyright © Diana Herrington https://www.realfoodforlife.com