These cranberry ginger bars are a very tasty combination of cranberries and ginger! I like anything with ginger but these bars are so good. Of course, all my recipes have no refined sugar or cane sugar making them very healthy.
The health benefits of cranberries are almost totally depleted when generous amounts of sugar added. Thus the cranberry cannot provide you with its full phytonutrient benefits. To discover all the benefits of cranberries click here: Thank you Cranberries for Amazing Health Benefits
In this recipe, it is apples and raisins to sweeten the cranberries. In the base and topping, I use rice syrup which helps bind it and gives some sweetness.
Cranberry Ginger Bars Recipe
- Blend apples in water.
- In a large saucepan combine all ingredients with the blended apples.
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Stir for about 5 minutes or until the cranberries have popped.
- Let cool.
Base and Topping:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Mix oil, rice syrup and stevia well.
- Add dry ingredients the oil/rice syrup mixture.
- Mix thoroughly with fingers.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of crumb mixture for topping.
- Press the remainder into a 9″ by 13″ baking pan.
- Spread with cranberry mixture on the base
- Sprinkle the remaining crumbs on top of the fruit.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool before enjoying your cranberry ginger bars.
Other Healthy Cranberry Recipes
Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce – Usually the problem with cranberry sauce is that it is full of sugar. Here is my version of the popular Cranberry Sauce without any sugar which is no easy thing when is comes to cranberries as they are so tart.
Cranberry Celery Onion Gluten-Free Stuffing – This delicious gluten-free stuffing makes a holiday meal special and memorable. Try this healthy recipe and you will satisfy both the difficult and easy to please!