This delicious gluten-free stuffing makes a holiday meal special and memorable. Try this healthy recipe and you will satisfy both the difficult and easy to please!
Cranberries and onions are so healthy we put them in the Superfood category.
Learn All About Nutritious Onions and How Not to Get Teary
Cranberry Celery Onion Gluten-Free Stuffing Recipe
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 large onions, peeled, chopped
1 whole bunch of celery, chopped
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 cup dried cranberries soaked in water overnight
3/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp teaspoon Sage
1 tsp teaspoon Thyme
1 tsp teaspoon Savory
1 loaf gluten-free bread
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 Tablespoons Flax Meal
1/4 cup water
- Tear gluten-free bread into pieces and leave out overnight in a large bowl.
- Peel and chop the onions finely.
- Melt 1/4 cup coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; sauté until translucent. Remove from pan.
- Chop celery into small pieces.
- Chop up parsley.
- Now melt 1/4 cup coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add celery; sauté until tender.
- Stir in sage, thyme, salt, pepper.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining stuffing ingredients; mix well.
- If too dry add some more water.
- Put in a large baking dish with a lid.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Now enjoy your Cranberry Celery Onion Gluten-Free Stuffing
Note: The celery in this recipe has amazing benefits. It is alkalizing, easy to digest, high in fiber and low in calories.
This recipe is so good that I have included it in one of my mini 2-5-30 Healthy Diet Courses.
It is also the kind of recipe you learn to combine in my Fancy Five Course Vegetarian Meal
More Recipes For the Holidays
Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce – Usually the problem with cranberry sauce is that it is full of sugar. Here is my version of the popular Cranberry Sauce without any sugar which is no easy thing when is comes to cranberries as they are so tart.
More Gluten-Free Stuffing Recipes For You
Yummy Grain-Free Stuffing with Cauliflower and Mushrooms – This grain-free stuffing is so delicious that even those who think they have to have a bread stuffing enjoy it. This recipe is good for gluten-free eaters and for the paleo diet too.
Also, the grain is not best with a protein meal as the grains and proteins conflict with each other in the digestive system. Since learning about food combining I always keep them separate.