This stuffed eggplant makes a delicious savory main course for dinner as it is so filling and it is super easy to make. It can even be a side dish in a fancy meal. If you are vegetarian have this and skip the stuffed you know what. 🙂
Stuffed Eggplant Recipe
1 onion, finely chopped
Almond oil to saute
2 – 4 pieces celery, chopped
1/2 green or red pepper
1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp savory
Fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp Himalayan salt
Black pepper to taste
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise.
- Steam in 1/2 cup water until almost tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the center of the eggplant, leaving 1/3 inch thick.
- Chop pulp finely.
- Sauté onion, mushrooms, celery, and green or red pepper until tender.
- Add and stir in bread crumbs and spices.
- Place stuffing in eggplant shells.
- Place shells in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 400º for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
Here are more delicious Main Courses for you to try:
Sweet Bell Peppers Stuffed with Wild Rice This is a luxury dish to add to any meal or enjoy as a main course which is what I do.
Delicious Black Bean Stew I love this bean stew with its yummy black beans and all the tasty vegetables.
Yummy Pesto Pasta Green Beans Pesto added to any dish is delicious and this is a great recipe.