I love this pesto pasta with green beans. This is a wonderful Italian dish made with gluten-free pasta and fresh green beans. This meal is delicious, very easy to make and healthy too.
Yummy Pesto Pasta Green Beans
- Wash, trim and halve your green beans.
- Steam the green beans for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the top of the steamer with beans in.
- Make sure there is enough water in the steamer to cook the pasta.
- Add your pasta to the boiling water and cook to desired tenderness.
- Then drain the pasta, keeping a 1/2 cup of the pasta water aside.
- Return the pasta to the empty pot along with the cooked green beans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of basil pesto with a ½ cup of the pasta water and 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the pasta and green beans, mix together until the pasta is nicely coated with the pesto.
- Serve immediately.
Have you heard of the olive oil fraud?
Find out Which Olive Oil to Buy.
Discover more tasty pesto recipes that you can use with this dish:
Vegan Zucchini Pesto – This zucchini pesto is lighter than the regular pesto as it has less oil and adds a refreshing zest of zucchini to your pasta. Also, I prefer not to use cheese and the nutritional yeast gives it a delicious flavour.
Tasty Vegan Chickweed Pesto – This chickweed pesto is vegan, is easy to make and tastes great! One of the best things about it is that it is made from a weed that grows everywhere. It is a delicate green weed which is so good for pesto. Toss with pasta or serve with bread or crackers for an appetizer.
Fresh Peppermint Pesto Is So Tasty on Pasta – I love this vegan peppermint pesto during the hot summer. Try it on raw zucchini pasta or even added to your cooked grains or on top of steamed vegetables.
Arugula Pesto Recipe – Healthy and Dairy Free – This arugula pesto is a favourite of mine and it is great to be able to use walnuts instead of the wonderful pine nuts with are so expensive. Usually, cheese is an ingredient when making a pesto recipe but there is no cheese in this and it still has a cheesy flavour thanks to the Nutritional Yeast used.