This chickweed pesto is vegan, is easy to make and tastes great! Toss with pasta or serve with bread or crackers for an appetizer.
1. First, put olive oil first into the blender; then add chickweed, blend until smooth.
2. Next, add cashews and garlic; blend till they are ground.
3. Now add salt and nutritional yeast; blend till smooth.
4. Pesto is best to not be completely smooth; a little texture is good.
5. Add 1/3 cup chopped cashews and mix in at the end.
Adjust amounts to your own taste.
Pesto keeps very well; it is delicious the next day and it freezes well too.
More pesto recipes:
Arugula Pesto Recipe – Healthy and Dairy Free