This zucchini pesto is lighter than the regular pesto as it has less oil and adds a refreshing zest of zucchini to your pasta. Also, I prefer not to use cheese and the nutritional yeast gives it a delicious flavour.
Vegan Zucchini Pesto Recipe
2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup fresh basil
1/2 cup spinach or kale
2/3 + 1/3 c for later cup pine nuts
1 – 5 cloves garlic (optional)
1/4 – 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 -3/4 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
1/2 cup olive oil
- Put the zucchini, olive oil, garlic, and salt into a blender.
- Blend ingredients until coarsely ground and then add pine nuts, basil, and spinach.
- Blend everything until smooth. Pesto is best to not be completely smooth; a little texture is good.
- Now remove from the blender and mix in the extra 1/3 cup pine nuts.
- Enjoy with pasta or use as a dip.
Have you heard of the olive oil fraud?
Find out Which Olive Oil to Buy.
More delicious and easy pesto recipes:
Delicious Vegan Pesto – I love this vegan pesto without the cheese; it tastes like the real thing only better to me! Toss with pasta or serve with bread or crackers for an appetizer.
Arugula Pesto Recipe – This arugula pesto is a favourite of mine and it is great to be able to use walnuts instead of the wonderful pine nuts with are so expensive. Usually, cheese is an ingredient when making a pesto recipe but there is no cheese in this and it still has a cheesy flavour thanks to the Nutritional Yeast used.
Chickweed Pesto – This chickweed pesto is vegan, is easy to make and tastes great! One of the best things about it is that it is made from a weed that grows everywhere. It is a delicate green weed which is so good for pesto. Toss this pesto with pasta or serve it with bread or crackers for an appetizer.