This roasted Brussels sprouts dish is exceptionally tasty, fit for a celebration meal. Roasting the Brussel sprouts till crisp takes away the sulfur odor and taste. Adding the cranberries and pecans takes it to a whole other level for a special meal.
Find out more about the healthy ingredients I use for this recipe:
Brussels Sprouts – If you’ve already decided you don’t like Brussels sprouts, it’s probably because at some point in your life someone served you somewhere their tasty, nutty, sweet flavor was boiled away. When you learn how to cook them properly, you may find them totally yummy!
Coconut oil: Coconut oil once thought as a heart disease-causing saturated fat is now been proclaimed ‘the healthiest oil on earth. Learn about this healthy oil.
Pecans – Pecans are gourmet nuts with a delicious buttery taste and not just in a pecan pie. Also, pecans have an abundance of health benefits making them a great superfood addition to our meals and even our snacks!
Lemons’ health benefits are immense. To begin they are acidic to the taste but are alkaline-forming in the body. In fact, they are one of the most alkaline-forming superfoods; this makes them great for balancing a highly acidic condition in the body. Also, they are full of many health benefits.
Himalayan Salt – salt that is actually healthy for you!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Cranberries
- 2 cups fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- few sprigs fresh rosemary optional
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Wash and trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts. Remove dark outer leaves and cut them in half.
- Melt coconut oil, putting half in baking dish.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a baking dish and sprinkle coconut oil and salt.
- Bake them, cut side down, for 18 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, mix in cranberries.
- Top them with pecans and a few sprigs of rosemary.
- Bake for an additional 12 minutes.
- Place the roasted Brussels sprouts mixture in a bowl, and top with lemon juice.
More Recipes and Information
Brussels Sprouts Salad: Easy and delicious! This is a very easy salad to make and highly nutritious.
Cranberry Sauce Sugar-free Recipe That Is Healthy – Enjoy all the goodness and health benefits with this sauce. Here is my version of the popular Cranberry Sauce without any sugar which is no easy thing when it comes to cranberries as they are so tart.
Cranberry Ginger Bars – This is a tasty treat that is easy to make and filled with healthy ingredients. These cranberry ginger bars are a very tasty combination of cranberries and ginger! I like anything with ginger but these bars are so good. Of course, all my recipes have no refined sugar or cane sugar making them very healthy.
Cranberry Celery Onion Gluten-Free Stuffing– This delicious gluten-free stuffing makes a holiday meal special and memorable. Try this healthy recipe and you will satisfy both the difficult and easy to please!