How about having a colourful grapefruit green smoothie for breakfast filled with nutritious greens, grapefruit, orange and flax seeds? Being warm, it is great for the winter and also helps with weight loss. This nutritious smoothie is very filling too.
Grapefruit Green Smoothie Recipe
1/2 grapefruit, peeled and chopped into pieces
1 orange, peeled and chopped into pieces
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup kale
1 celery stalk
1/2 – 3/4 cup warm clean water (not boiling)
2 Tbsp golden flax seeds or Meal + 1/4 cup water
Few drops of Stevia
1. Add warm water to flax seeds.
2. Blend grapefruit and orange first until liquefied.
3. Then add kale, blend until liquefied.
4. Add flax and blend.
5. Add spinach, pushing it down with celery stock.
6. Only add as much water as you need to keep it blending.
7. Blend until smooth; use the liquefy button on the blender.
8. Drink within 15 minutes to get all the nutrients.
Here are some more of my favorite green smoothie recipes:
Diana’s Green Smoothie with a Difference – An excellent start to your day!
Delicious Grape Green Smoothie – Delicious and filled with healthy ingredients. This is a very refreshing smoothie.
Green Smoothie with Peanut Butter and Banana – Full of vitamins, minerals and even protein! And so very yummy.
Alkalizing Apple Green Smoothie – Made with all alkalizing foods.
Orange Spring Cleanse Green Smoothie – This is a super easy smoothie to make and excellent way to start a spring cleanse day.
Learn more about 10 Winter Fruits and Vegetables