These sunflower seed cookies really are fancy, delicious and healthy too! Often cookies are made with lots of butter, white flour and white sugar which are not healthy ingredients. I have developed them with healthy ingredients and no starch. Makes 28 – 30 cookies
2/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted*
1/2 cup coconut or palm sugar, ground finely
1/4 tsp stevia, light liquid
2 tbsp golden flax meal (ground flax seeds)
1/4 cup warm clean water
2/3 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup rolled oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup almonds
1/2 cup raisins, unsulfured, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 325º F
- Add warm water to flax meal in a small bowl and mix; let sit 5 minutes.
- Combine coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, stevia and salt until creamy.
- Add flax meal mixture to coconut oil mixture and mix well.
- Then mix in brown rice flour and baking powder.
- Mix in oatmeal, fruit, seeds and nuts.
- Make little one inch mounds, place on a coconut greased baking sheet and flatten each one.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let cool before removing from the pan.
*Melt coconut oil on very low heat.
More recipes with sunflower seeds for you:
Get healthy tasty vegan gluten free recipes and useful lifestyle tips
sent to you once a week, subscribe to the newsletter.
You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals with my
2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.