This is a very healthy recipe for a potato salad that is vegan. I have never liked potato salad because of the commercial mayonnaise used even in homemade salads. First, the commercial mayonnaise creates nausea for me, and secondly, I know from reading the label that those are not the things I want in my body.
Another thing that I never liked about potato salads is that you don’t get lots of other vegetables in it to get the right balance of carbs.
This potato salad is not only vegan, but also has some other delicious veggies to balance out the starch of a potato salad.
Potato Salad Recipe Ingredients
Potatoes – one of the most commonly eaten vegetables on the planet has its fans and its enemies. Learn about its many health benefits (the good) its health concerns (the bad) and its controversial effect on weight management (the ugly).
Celery is a negative calorie food, meaning it takes the body more calories to digest it than the food itself contains making it a very good food for weight loss. One stalk of celery has only a few calories because it is full of healthy cellulose. It is 95% water, very alkaline, and filled with fiber. Its weight loss benefits are well known but you would be surprised at its other amazing properties. Celery adds a nice crunch to this potato salad.
Carrots – forget about Vitamin A pills. With this orange crunchy superfood, you get Vitamin A and a host of other powerful health benefits including beautiful skin, cancer prevention, and anti-aging. They add some healthy veggies to this potato salad.
Here is my recipe for a Vegan Potato Salad which is creamy, filled with lots of vegetables, yummy and healthy without the chemical additives.
A single serving of beets can boost your energy and lower your blood pressure. Eating beets long-term can help fight cancer, reduce arthritic pain, lose weight and assist in a number of other health areas. The beets make this potato salad really unique and add some beautiful color to your meal.
A sprig of delicious dill adds a unique flavor to your food making it extra tasty and pairs wonderfully with potatoes in this potato salad. Dill’s name comes from the Norwegian word ‘dilla,’ meaning to soothe. It has been valued for its many health benefits as early as 1500 B.C. In ancient Egyptian papyrus manuscripts, it was documented as a remedy to soothe flatulence, relieve pain, and act as a laxative and a diuretic.
Lemons are an important ingredient in this potato salad recipe. The juice from lemons has great digestive qualities so many people find that symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, bloating and belching are often relieved. Also, lemons help to cleanse the body of toxins. Learn more about the 16 Health Benefits of Lemon – the Alkaline Powerfood. Fresh lemons are very high in Vitamin C and dietary fiber. They also have Vitamin B6, Calcium, Potassium, Copper, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Iron, and Magnesium and is they are low in calories.
Time to make this delicious Potato Salad
- 2 stalks celery or 1/2 a green pepper
- 1 beet or carrot
- chives or green onion to taste
- Handful parsley or dill weed
- 1/2 cup Nayonaise or Yogurt Dip
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- Boil the beet or carrot until you can poke a fork through but they still have some texture. Chop them when they cool.
- Finely chop the celery or green pepper.
- Chop the chives or green onion. Finley chop the fresh parsley or dill.
- Mix all of the vegetables together, keep aside some parsley or dill.
- Mix the Nayonnaise or Yogurt Dip, mustard and lemon juice together to make the dressing.
- Mix all of the ingredients together with the dressing.
- Decorate the top with dill or parsley.
- Note: You can add more vegetables, and then add more dressing too.
Vegan Yogurt Salad Dressing
- 1 cup plain yogurt almond, coconut or soy milk yogurt.
- 1/2 cup cold-pressed virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1-3 drops light liquid stevia to taste
- 1/2-1 tsp veggie salt or Himalayan salt to taste
- dillweed to taste
- Shake all of the above ingredients in a jar; taste it and add more of any of the seasoning ingredients to your taste.
I use only healthy ingredients for my salad dressings: Olive oil, lemon, stevia, Himalayan Salt
Also Note: This Creamy Vegan Yogurt Salad Dressing recipe is specific for our Weight Loss BootCamp. Check it out!
Have you heard of the olive oil fraud? Find out Which Olive Oil to Buy.
Curried Green Beans and Potatoes – Curried green beans with carrots and potatoes are extra special and delicious making a delicious meal. This recipe is filled with only healthy ingredients and it is easy to make.
Tangy Baby Potatoes – Baby potatoes are in season; I remember mom making them in their jackets as a vegetable with the main meal. For hungry kids, they do well as fillings between slices of bread.