Crispy okra is so yummy with a flavour that is amazing. Fresh okra with a beautiful golden brown color and a crunchy texture is a special addition to any meal! Also, it is gluten-free and vegan too, no eggs or wheat flour. This is for sure my favourite okra recipe.
Crispy Okra Recipe
Serves: 4-6 servings
2 flax meal eggs (2 Tbsp of flax meal mixed with 6 Tbsp of warm water)
12 fresh whole okras
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
1/2 tsp paprika
Coconut oil for frying
- Make the vegan eggs in a medium bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut off ends of the okra and slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Put the okra into the bowl of vegan eggs.
- Mix rice flour, cornmeal, salt and paprika into a small bowl.
- Then dip the okra into cornmeal and flour coating.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Fry okra until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Enjoy your crispy okra as an appetizer or as a side dish for a meal.
Here are more of my favorite okra recipes:
Okra Sauteed with Cashews and Garlic – Cashews in this okra dish adds a crunch and the garlic lends a spicy taste to this tasty meal.
Bhindi Masala (Okra with Tomatoes) – This is a very special dish from India, and the first way I enjoyed okra.