This bhindi masala is a very special dish from India and the first way I enjoyed okra. The tomatoes add an extra tastiness to the recipe. My friend, Karuna Sanghvi sent me this delicious recipe.
Bhindi Masala Recipe
3 tsp Oil
Pinch of Mustard and fenugreek seeds
Pinch of asafoetida (optional)
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder (optional if you don’t like hot spicy food)
Himalayan Salt to taste
- Cut off both ends of the okra, and then slice into one-inch pieces.
- Slice onions and dice the tomatoes and keep separately aside.
- Temper one teaspoon oil with mustard, fenugreek, and asafoetida.
- Add 2 more teaspoons of oil; add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the tomato and soften.
- Now add the okra and let cook for a minute.
- Add ¼ cup water and allow it to cook. If needed, you can add more, but don’t make it too mushy or watery.
- Add turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder.
- Salt to taste.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or till water dries out.
Here are more of my favorite okra recipes:
Crispy Okra Is A Wonderful Tasty Vegetable For Your Meal– Crispy okra is so yummy with a flavour that is amazing.
Okra Sauteed with Cashews and Garlic – Cashews in this okra dish adds a crunch and the garlic lends a spicy taste to this tasty meal.
This one is Coming Soon!
Whole Roasted Okra Recipe – Whole Roasted Okra is simple to prepare and requires very little active cooking time.