This blueberry crumble recipe is so yummy and easy to make. Very healthy too without all that sugar. Also, if you use gluten-free oats then it is gluten-free too.
Did you know that blueberries have more antioxidants than any other popular fruit and help prevent cancer, diabetes, age-related memory loss and are anti-inflammatory? They are also rich in potassium, fibre and vitamins A & C.
“Inflammation is a key driver of all chronic diseases, so blueberries have a host of benefits,” says Ann Kulze, MD, of Charleston, S.C.
Blueberry Crumble Recipe
1. Core and slice the apples.
2. Simmer apples with a few spoons of water in a covered pot.
3. Mix in berries and simmer a few minutes.
4. Sweeten to taste with stevia.
5. Place berry/apple mixture in a baking dish
1. Mix dry ingredients together
2. Mix oil, stevia and rice syrup and add to dry ingredients.
3. Mix thoroughly.
4. Sprinkle on top of the fruit
5. Bake at 350º F. in the oven for approximately 40 minutes.