This is an easy and delicious simple meal to make and you don’t have to wait until vegetarians come to dinner to make a vegetable stew
1 bunch Broccoli
1 cup Cauliflower
1 cup shredded Cabbage
1 large Onion
3 pieces Kale or 2 cups Spinach
1/2 pound Asparagus
3 – 7 cloves garlic, sliced (optional)
2 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Marjoram
2 Tbsp Braggs or 2 tsp Vegetable salt
Black Pepper to taste
2 cups Water
2 Tbsp Tahini
1/2 lemon, juiced
- Remove skins from onions, chop fine.
- Sauté onion and garlic in coconut oil till golden brown.
- Put the onions and garlic in a large sauce pan with the water.
- Add basil, marjoram, pepper and Braggs.
- Cook for 10 minutes; this is to make flavourful stock.
- Chop rest of vegetables into 2 inch pieces.
- Place all vegetables except asparagus and kale into a saucepan.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes till almost tender, stir occasionally.
- Then add asparagus and kale and cook 5 – 10 minutes till tender (Don’t overcook the vegetables till they’re mushy; it will taste better if there is a slight crunch to the vegetables.)
10.Mix lemon juice and tahini with a little water.
- Mix in tahini/lemon juice mixture with vegetables and serve.