Lentil soup has all the benefits of the mighty powerfood lentils plus much more. And it tastes great.
1 large onion, chopped
3-6 garlic cloves, chopped
2 pieces celery, chopped
2 tsp almond oil or vegetable oil
1 cup green whole lentils: soak over night and cook according to directions here: Cooking Beans & Lentils
1 piece Kombu*
2 carrots, diced
3-5 tsp salt
1 tsp each of thyme and basil
3 tsp marjoram
- Soak lentils overnight and follow instructions: Cooking Beans & Lentils (if you would like to have gas free lentils)
- Sauté onion, garlic and celery in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Remove Kombu and chop; return to soup.
- Serve in bowls garnished sprigs of fresh parsley.
* Kombu is seaweed makes beans more digestible but you could easily leave it out.
More Delicious Stews & Soups:
Get healthy tasty vegan gluten free recipes and useful lifestyle tips sent to you once a week, subscribe to the newsletter.
You can also learn how to plan and prepare super healthy meals with my 2-5-30 Healthy Diet Online Courses.
Copyright © Diana Herrington www.RealFoodforLife.com